The Government appointed Cricket Kenya Normalisation Committee’s Selectors’ Panel has announced the Kenyan squad to the 2021 Men’s T20 World Cup Africa Qualifier – Regional Final to be held in Kigali, Rwanda from 15th – 21st November 2021.
Shem Ngoche will once again captain the team after a mixed – results campaign in Uganda last month that saw his side lose both the One Day Derby Series and the Pearl of Africa T20 Series.
The team that goes into a bio-bubble camp next week will be boosted by the return of all – rounders in Rakep Patel and Collins Obuya who beef up the middle order as well as the spin department that already has left armers in the skipper and Vraj Patel. Both had made themselves unavailable for the Uganda series’, Obuya withdrawing at the final hour.
Sukhdeep Singh will finally make his Senior Men’s squad debut after playing in the 2018 ICC – U19 Cricket World Cup in New Zealand and the subsequent unsuccessful 2019 U19 Cricket World Cup Africa Qualifier in Namibia. The Sikh Union Sports Club ‘A’ skipper and all – rounder has had a terrific season in the ongoing Nairobi Provincial Cricket Association (NPCA) 50-over League, placing second on the batting log with 629 runs and 18 wickets from 16 innings.
Kenya and Nigeria automatically slotted in for the finals by virtue of being the highest ranked teams as at 1st January 2020. Uganda are the third addition after finishing on top of the Group A sub Regional Qualifier last week with one more team expected from the Group B sub Regional Qualifier set for 31st October – 8th November.
The tournament will be played in a double round robin format with the winner making it out of the region.
- Shem Ngoche (Captain) – Stray Lions Cricket Club ‘A’ – Left arm orthodox/RHB
- Alex Obanda – Stray Lions Cricket Club ‘A’ – RHB
- Rushabhvardan Patel – Swamibapa Sports Club ‘A’ – LHB
- Irfan Karim – Nairobi Jaffery Cricket Club – LHB/WK
- Gurdeep Singh – Sir Ali Muslim Club ‘A’ – LHB/Leg spin
- Collins Obuya – Obuya Cricket Academy – RHB/Leg spin
- Rakep Patel – Kanbis Sports Club ‘A’ – RHB/Off spin
- Sukhdeep Singh – Sikh Union Sports Club ‘A’ – RHB/Off spin
- Eugene Ochieng’ – Sir Ali Muslim Club ‘A’ – Right arm Medium Pace/RHB
- Emmanuel Bundi – Kanbis Sports Club – Right arm Medium Pace/RHB
- Nehemiah Ngoche – Swamibapa Sports Club ‘A’ – Right arm Medium Pace/RHB
- Elijah Asoyo – Ruaraka Sports Club ‘A’ – Right arm Medium Pace
- Peter Lang’at – Swamibapa Sports Club ‘A’ – Right arm Medium Pace
- Vraj Patel – Ngara Sports Club ‘A’ – Left arm orthodox
- Gerald Mwendwa – Stray Lions Cricket Club ‘A’
- Nelson Odhiambo – Kanbis Sports Club ‘A’
- Zahid Abbas – Sir Ali Muslim Club ‘A’
- Dominic Wesonga – Nairobi Gymkhana ‘A’
Head Coach – David Obuya
Team Manager – Fatuma Dafala